Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Second Week - August 5, 2014


Before I start,  you can send me packages through missionarypackagemx.com  You can send like Krispy Kreme glazed only, please, and all that stuff sooooooooooooooooooo... I would love that. 

Here I am two weeks in, the days go by weeks and the weeks go by days.  This week has been a lot better.  Every day gets better little by little.  I am starting to appreciate missionary work a lot more.  It is hard but fun and worth it!  The spirit is so strong here, and I love it here at the Mexico Missionary Training Center.  Thanks Mom and family for all the letters and pictures.  The Mexicans loved looking at the pictures.

Last Tuesday night, we had a devotional from Elder Reyes.  He's from the Area Seventy.  I really liked his talk.  He talked a lot about, through obedience comes blessings and through exact obedience comes miracles.  That made me want to be the best missionary I can be because I want to be able to experience miracles in Nicaragua.  My mission president's wife e-mailed me and told me that there are miracles happening in the Nicaragua, Managua South Mission, so that's always good to hear.

I don't really have a lot new to say.  We basically do the same thing here everyday:  Wake up, shower, eat, go to class, lunch, gym, more class, investigator, dinner, more class, more class and finally get to sleep.  I have no free time.  I'm always busy doing something productive.  But remember how I talked about those Mexican missionaries... well, we became like best friends with them.  They left yesterday to the field, all of them are going to Guadalajara, Mexico.  I LOVED those guys.  It all started with me saying,  "You teach us Spanish and we will teach you English, and they were more excited than I was.  They really wanted to learn English!!  Their names are Elder Guzman who's from Northern Cancun.   I love the guy.  He fought MMA before his mission and has 42 knockouts, so I wouldn't mess with him.  He also has like 7 stab scars from protecting his family from the South gang or whatever they are called.  He spoke basically no English.  He made me call him Daddy... Then Elder Benitez, he's a stud and likes to play basketball.  He basically spoke no English, too.  Elder Villagran is the only member in his family and he speaks pretty good English, and then Elder Cuessi.  They all cared about their families so much.  It was really cool to see that.  
 (On my right is Elder Guzman and on my left is Elder Benitez.  I gave them those BYU shirts cause I love them so much.)

But now they're gone so we have new roommates, one from Dominican Republic and one from Mexico.  They seem like pretty cool guys.  The first thing I said to them was, "You teach me Spanish and I will teach you English."  They were very excited also.  You should have seen the smiles on their faces when I said that.  I know that I will learn the language a lot better if I learn from Natives.


This week has been a lot better.  Each day gets better and better.   It's hard, fun and definitely worth it.  I can't even imagine how amazing it's going to be once I get to Nicaragua!!!  I'm learning new things every day.  But I don't have much time.  Sorry that the e-mail is short, but know that I love all of you guys and thank you for all of the support.   I wouldn't be able to do it without you guys!

Love, 

Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment