Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Fifty-fifth Week - August 10, 2015


Well, I am still down here in Rivas!

I'm not companions with Elder Jensen anymore.  We split Rivas into two districts, so now he's the other DL, but we still live in the same house and stuff.  He's awesome!  So my new district has eight missionaries, me and my companion and six sister missionaries.  My new companion is Elder Redd from Oklahoma.  He has five months in the mission.  

One of the greatest lessons I am learning on my mission is charity.  I am just now recognizing that charity is something incredible.  It really is the pure love of Christ and is something essential. 

I can't believe that I am starting my fourth change here in Rivas.  I'm sure it will be my last time here in Rivas, but I will end up with six months here.  It's insane how fast time is going... 

This week we should have three baptisms, Kevin (he's 17 and he's the brother of the girl we baptized two weeks ago); Nathalia (she's 15 and is super awesome.  She's reading the Book of Mormon like crazy.  She's super smart and speaks English, also); and Reyli (he's 10 and his family is super, less active, and he just hasn't ever been baptized).  So the work here is going well.  We have some really positive people, but I have touched every door here, so it's starting to get a little tough to find some new people.  Just gotta stay positive. 

I can't believe Parker already gave his farewell talk.  I feel like I just barely gave mine... 
 (Elder Copeland's cousin and one of his best friends, Elder Wilde, who was called to the Pennsylvania Philadelphia English Speaking Mission.  He will enter the Missionary Training Center on August 19th, 2015.  Elder Copeland's older brother, Taylor, happened to serve in this exact mission a few years ago, except he was Spanish Speaking.)

Well, I don't have anything else to say this week.  Good luck in school next week hahahahahahah!!  Oh, one of the Apostles is coming to our mission on the 29th, so that will be sweet.  But, I'm sorry but I ran out of stuff to say.  Have a good week and enjoy the last week of summer.


Elder Copahland (that's how all Nicas pronounce my name).

No comments:

Post a Comment