Monday, February 16, 2015

Thirtieth Week - February 16, 2015


Well, there goes another transfer! 

WOW!  Every day is faster and faster.  I'm sure it's the same for you guys, also.  I want to say one thing!  On Tuesday, I went and worked in the area of the District leader, and we were just walking and saw a sign of a country club, so I said, "Let's walk over there and contact," so we walked over there and I saw a golf course for the first time in 7 months.  I literally almost shed a tear...
 
But this week was pretty good.  We had another baptism on Saturday!  We were extremely blessed to have as many baptisms as we had last transfer (5).  I have learned a lot about Alma 26:12 on my mission, "Yea I know that I am nothing, as to my strength I am weak, therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things, yea, behold many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."  I love that scripture and its so true!
But to baptize the lady this past week was an adventure... We went to their house at 8:30 in the morning to pick them all up to take them to the chapel in Managua, but we walked in there and she had a ankle brace on and said she didn't want to do it cause her ankle hurt, but I wouldn't let her say no.  I told her we would bring a taxi directly in front of her house and take her right in front of the chapel so she didn't even really have to walk.  She kept saying, "No,"  and wouldn't let us give her a blessing.  Well, about 40 minutes more of arguing with her, she finally said, "Ok." 

So she was baptized, but then on Sunday she told us that she would go to the church herself, so I trusted her and we had to go bring other people to church.  So we got to church.  What do you know, she wasn't there... So we had to go all the way back to her house, and she said she didn't want to do it cause she had to cook for her mom.  I said, "No, come on."  We went and got another moto taxi right in front of her house so she would come, and she was confirmed.  Honestly, sometimes it's so annoying, but that's just a short version.  I can't even describe in words the story of it all. 

All of Friday-Sunday we were without water... That was miserable.  Being in the Nicaragua heat all day and coming in at night all sweaty and not being able to shower for a couple days was terrible!  Last night, I got so desperate that I went and asked a person for a bucket of water to shower hahaah... 
 
But last night we were just sitting in the 'shack' around 11 at night and I asked Elder Page if maybe the valve was turned off.  He said he didn't touch it, but he went outside to look, and sure enough someone went into our water thing and turned it all off... It was bogus!  I guess that's another thing I took for granted, water.  Try Nica heat, being a missionary, and sweating nonstop and to top it all off, no water for 3 days... Bush league!!  But it's all part of the experience:)

Other than that, nothing really happened this week, but we have transfers on Wednesday and I think I am leaving, but I don't find out for sure til tomorrow.  So you guys have to wait another week... But I love you guys.  Thanks for all the support and love. 

Challenges will come to you, but as you trust in God they will strengthen your faith.

Elder Copeland
 Elder Copeland showed the pictures of the kids they took to church last week.  He said, "These are only some of the kids at the house.  Yesterday we watched the movie, 'The Testaments' with them.  They're awesome."
 
 "We bought this baseball for all the kids in one of the families that we are teaching if they went to church.  So I decided to put this on the ball for them."

No comments:

Post a Comment