Monday, June 8, 2015

Forty-sixth Week - June 8, 2015

A lot of things happened this past week. 

First, on Tuesday we had interviews with President.  They went well.  I love President Russell!  On Wednesday, I'll be honest I can't even remember what we did, but I think it was a good day.  On Thursday, Elder Merrill came down to Rivas and we visited a bunch of the possibilities and did some baptism interviews.  Friday, in the district meeting, I talked about the role of the Book of Mormon in missionary work.  I love the book.  
 
And on Saturday, it was super good!  We have been teaching a family for a long time, but they weren't married and the guy had to get divorced from his former wife, so we had to get them divorced.  Then on Saturday, he and his girlfriend got married and the husband (Carlos) and the two kids got baptized.  The wife still doesn't want to get baptized because her mom doesn't want her to... kinda lame.  But it was awesome to get them married and then baptize them!  They are such a solid family.  I love them do death!  
 
 
(I drove this kid to his baptism on the bike.  This is how they ride bikes in Nica.)
 
 
(Carlos and Janet) 
 
 
(La coche)


(My little gifts for their baptisms!  Ary: my slingshot; Maynor: my shirt; Carlos: a set of scriptures)



(The baptism)
 


(The family with my companion and me.) 
(I was sweating like crazy in this picture.  Check out  my knees!)

Then on Sunday morning, we woke up to a huge rain storm.  All the streets had like two feet of water, and we had to still truck through all of the water to get people to church.  It was so fun.  Haha!


(This was on Sunday, but too bad I didn't have my camera when the waters were up to my knees.)
 
So this past week was super good, but I don't have a ton of time, so I'm sorry that everything isn't all explained well.  But it was a good week, and I bought a sweet soccer jersey today.  Right now I'm in Jinotepe with Elder Merrill and Naisbitt because I had to do an interview for them.
 
 
(The Three Musketeers: Elder Merrill, Elder Naisbitt, and me with my new jersey)
But have a good week and think what is really important in life.  Live life one day at a time and it's much easier! 

Love,
Elder Copeland


No comments:

Post a Comment