Monday, June 1, 2015

Forty-fifth Week - June 1, 2015


Can't believe its already June! and even worse, Summer!!! 

Nothing big happened new this week other than I saw a dude eating a pack of cigarettes like it was candy...

This past week consisted of a lot of work searching for new people to teach.  I love the Nicaraguans, but wow I have never heard so many lies and excuses.  So please be a man of your word, whether you like it or not, just do it.  Don't make up excuses, just fess up for your mistakes and learn from them!  

Right now we have a family that we have been teaching for awhile that is super awesome. We are just waiting for his divorce so he can marry his girlfriend and we can baptize them!  They're awesome.  The wife won't be baptized yet, just has no desire, but at least we will have the dad and 2 kids! 

As a missionary, I desire the salvation of all these people (Mosiah 28:3).  I want to help these people out so bad.  For that, I work my tail off every day for their benefit and not mine. But sometimes it is tough to see the fruits of my work, from being rejected all dayyyy longggg, everyday.  You would think that they would be a little easier to teach cause they are so poor, but no es cierto para nada... They just don't seem to understand what the truth is.  They think that church is a rock concert with a pastor screaming his head off at them (which is quite funny to see hahahhaa), but who knows why you'd want to be a part of that???  I guess it does say, "Many are called but few are chosen," right? but still I love these people to death and will do what ever I have to do to help them out...

WOW, I was just thinking.  I left on Origination 1 year ago today!  That was one of the funnest things I have ever done in my life, and will for sure be going on that again when Kade graduates!  From Martin's Cove, Winter Quarters, Liberty Jail, Far West, Adam-Ondi- Ahman, Nauvoo, Carthage, Isaac Morley farm, Kirtland, Susquehanna River, Joseph Smith birthplace, Peter Whitmer home, Hill Cumorah, and the Sacred Grove.  Every single one of those places is special in its own way, and sometimes we forget what the early saints went through... 

But I gained a foundation of the gospel on that trip and also read the Book of Mormon and finished it in the Sacred Grove and asked God if the Book of Mormon was true.  That sense of peace that came to my body was an undeniable witness that the Book of Mormon is true! I love the book and its teachings!  I know without a doubt that this book and this church are true, and the happiness that it brings to one is absolutely amazing!  My testimony is growing each and every day, and I know in 13 months, I will be unbreakable.  Well...

Love you guys.  Enjoy your first week of summer, and don't be dumb!

Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment