Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Seventieth Week - November 23, 2015

16 MONTHS!

What's up fam?  It's your son.  I am still alive.

This week was a pretty good week.  We had another baptism.  Biana - she is 16, we found her about a month ago contacting.  Her dad is Ateo and we hope to baptize her mom soon. On Friday, she got Chikunguna.  (It is a really bad virus that's spread by mosquitoes that is going all over Nicaragua right now.  But she has gained a strong testimony although, getting a bunch of crap for listening to the Mormons, but she ended up getting baptized.  Then on Sunday morning she was like dead but went and got confirmed.  Super smart girl.

This week we should have two more baptisms. 
Claudia - she's 27, a single mom with a 7 year old daughter.  Her husband left her.  She has had a bunch of challenges ever since she started listening to us, but the difference is, she has a testimony of the Book of Mormon.  The Book of Mormon is the difference.  But please pray for her every prayer possible this week.  She needs our help.

Daniela - she is 22.  Her husband left her and her 2 kids about a month ago.  Also, her parents are giving her crap for listening to us because our church is "of Satan," apparently. But she also is reading the Book of Mormon like crazy.  She loves it.  Please pray for her, also. 

Lets see... what happened this week...
Well, we have spent the whole week looking for new investigators.  It's been tough.  From scrap metal doors slammed in our faces to... who knows, a bunch of wild things.  We have had an extremely good month in our area, right now we have 9 baptisms and 2 more this week.  The Lord has really blessed us. 

This past week I had something happen that I will never forget.  I was able to serve someone that never gets served.  About 9 p.m. we were heading back to the house and it started pouring like crazy, so we hid underneath a little shelter.  After staying under there for about 15 minutes and the rain's still coming down hard, I looked up and about 50 feet in front of me in the street I saw a blind drunk guy lying on the sidewalk, hitting his stick on the ground looking for shelter.  I looked over to my companion and told him, "Sigueme."  (Translation:  Follow me.)  My companion looked at me weird, but we started running out into the street to go help this guy find shelter.  I got there and told him we were God's missionaries and we were going to help him find shelter.  We helped him up, he couldn't even stand up cause he was so drunk.  I got under his left shoulder and my companion got under his right shoulder.  We picked him up and put him under some shelter so he wouldn't get wet anymore.  We ran to get him some bread and we ran back to him and gave it to him. He wept and told us thank you and that we were God's angels.  I couldn't help myself but weep.  We are all weak.  Go out of your way and serve someone this week.

I am really working right now on my personal spirituality, and trying to focus on having the spirit with me constantly.  It is tough, but I am making progress little by little. 
Tonight in your family home evening, I want you guys to watch "17 Miracles."  I watched that this week, and wow, I honestly don't know how the pioneers did that.  Ever since the restoration, it has been a chain of miracles to where the chruch is today.  All of us need to become more appreciative for what we have.  We honestly don't recognize how lucky we really are.  This is The Church of Jesus Christ, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to be his hands.

Question of the week.  Would you keep the commandments if you didn't receive a single blessing????

Sorry I haven't been so great with my emails lately.  I will start writing them on Monday mornings to make them a little better.

Miracles are everywhere to be found when Priesthood callings are magnified.  When faith replaces doubt, when selfless service eliminates selfish striving, the power of God brings to pass His purposes.  Whom God calls, God qualifies.

Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment