Monday, October 6, 2014

Eleventh Week - October 6, 2014


Good week, but BYU and Taysom........................‏ 

How is this possible?   How did tTaysom break his leg and we lost!  I'm devastated!   I can't even describe it!  Ahhhh!!  Well, I guess I don't need to think about BYU football for the rest of the year... heartbroken!!!

Well anyways, this week was good.  I'm sure conference was great, but we only went to Priesthood session and the Sunday morning session.  And it was in Spanish, so I didn't really know what was going on...  We had to go to Jinotepe which is like 45 minutes away in a bus west.  We all met at the church, and there were 4 big buses full of people.  We got 3 investigators to come with us which was good.  One of our investigators, Jr., is 18.   He has had a rough life.  The family has nothing.  A couple days ago he got stabbed twice in the leg and was beat up pretty bad... but he still made it to conference, and he is getting baptized on the 25th.  He's a stud.  I like him a lot.

Being on a mission, I have realized how much my family really means to me.  And I have thought about multiple experiences every single day we have had, and they all seem like they happened yesterday.  Time goes by so fast when you look back on it.  There are so many little geckos here.  I have caught one.  It reminds me of all the times in Florida catching them all the time.. Luckily these past couple days haven't been so hot because it has rained a lot.  But still hot.  I haven't seen anything under 84.  Even throughout the night it's in the high 80s.  Thank goodness for fans and being exhausted so you can sleep. 

I have thought about this.  A mission is kinda like working out.  First off you have to get torn apart to be stronger.  These first two months, I have been torn apart, that I feel like I can't get torn apart more.  Now since I have been torn apart, the only thing that I can do is grow and get stronger.

Last night we went to a member's house, but some of them don't really go to church.  I got to lead the message, and I had no idea what I was going to share until after the prayer.  Alma 13:27-30 popped into my mind.  So we shared that with them.  I looked at the lady in the eyes after, and I could tell she was really thinking about the scripture.  I know they needed to hear that scripture at that time, and I'm glad I was the one to be able to share it with them.

I don't really have a lot to share this week.  I hope you all enjoyed conference and discovered answers to questions you had.  Keep working hard.

I saw a quote, "God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers."  I must be one of those soldiers cause this is crazy hard.  But I will look back on all these experiences for the rest of my life.

Well, time to get to work.  Love you all
Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment