Monday, October 27, 2014

Fourteenth Week - October 27, 2014


Well, this past week was good!

Got my first baptism.  That was a cool experience to see someone you taught go into the waters of baptism.  Juan Ramon, he lives by himself and is around 60 years old.  
(Elder Copeland, Juan Ramon, and Elder Regalizo at Juan Ramon's baptism.)

I just finished the Book of Mormon this morning, I love this book.  Elder Holland said, "...No wicked man could write such a book as this, and no good man would write it, unless it were true and he were commanded of God to do so..."  Honestly how could someone say that Joseph Smith wrote the Book of Mormon?  We live in a terrible world, the Second Coming is close.  The Book of Mormon IS true, and Joseph Smith was a prophet, and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is clearly true.  Satan has so many people chained down and it's sad to see.
(Click on the link above for your free copy of The Book of Mormon.)


We went to Managua twice this past week once for a meeting for all the missionaries that got here at the same time as me, so that was cool to see everyone.  And the other reason was because my companion had a zone meeting, so I had to go work with missionaries in Managua.  I don't want to leave Granada.   I love it here.  At the house we live, they had this dog "Rex" that was the meanest, biggest thing you would ever see in your life.  But it attacked Gregorio, one of the guys we live with who's 26 and served in Guatemala.  The dog destroyed him!  He had to get like 40 stitches... So they CHOPPED Rex's head off.  It's ok.   "He was getting pretty old" (Great movie). 

We have an investigator named Jimmy who's 8 and is getting baptized Nov. 29 because we're waiting until he turns 9 so it can count as a baptism for us.  We asked him who he wanted to baptize him.  He said he wanted me to baptize him, but changes are Nov. 26 and I really think I am going to leave Granada because my companion needs to train a new zone leader, and also a mission rule is that we can only baptize one time in our mission, kinda dumb, but I see the point why President wants that.  So I want to save my baptism for the end of my mission. 


After the baptism on Saturday, my companion needed a drink so we stopped at the market, and there were two Americans.  They came up to me and we started talking.  They're members in California, and he's down here for a thing for work.  Wow, I can't remember what the word is........... So that was sweet to talk English for a few minutes. 


But still, this isn't easy at all.  I'm just trying my best, that's all I can do.  I mess up sooo much trying to speak, but I just keep trying.  I don't feel embarrassed at all when I mess up because they are Nicaraguans--they don't care.  I just have to repeat it a couple times.  But I saw something in the "Liahona" that I really liked, "God Sees the Larger Picture:  What an amazing source of power, of strength, and of comfort is available to each of us.  He who knows us better than we know ourselves.  He who sees the larger picture and who knows the end from the beginning, has assured us that He will be there for us to provide help if we but ask.  We have the promises."  "Pray always, and be believing, and ALL things shall work together for your good."  Doctrine & Covenants 90:24.  That was a really good scripture for me to see.  

Well all in all, good week, ready for the next but I don't have much more to say.  Pray for the people of Nicaragua!


Love you all,


Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment