Monday, November 24, 2014

Eighteenth Week - November 24, 2014

WOW!  Well,  I'm already 4 months out. 

Time goes by so fast.  I am officially done with my training.  And we have transfers on Wednesday, and I am 95% sure that I am getting transferred.  Crazy to think that I am already done with my first area, but I am ready for new adventures ahead of me.  I find out for sure tomorrow if I am leaving or not, so you guys won't know where I am 'til next week. 

This week I don't have a ton to say, but I'll try my best.  Elder Regalizo and I aren't going to be companions anymore.  I learned a ton from him!  I want to be a missionary like him  He teaches so well and knows so much!  Also, on Thursday, I had to work with missionaries in Managua because Regalizo had a meeting in Managua.  That was good.  Managua is wayyy different than Granada--a lot more people in Managua and it's crazy.

Friday was pretty crazy.  I was working with Gregorio, one of the guys we live with.  He's 26 and served in Guatemala.  We went to one of our investigator's houses in a colonia thing. I don't know what it is called in English.  So we walked in there and there were some people playing, and they didn't want us to pass, so I found a way around them and one of them picked up a rock.  So i grabbed his arm so I didn't get drilled by it.  Then one of them punched me, so I just kept walking and got away.  Our investigator wasn't there so we had to walk back, and they were just waiting for us.  As we walked past, one of them drilled me with a baseball bat in my leg and then I got a rock thrown at my back,  but I just laughed at them and told them how lost they are in this life.  So that was pretty cool.  Haha, but I'm all good.

Also that night, I was with a different member and we were just walking by the house of Gerardo, and we started walking the other way, but then I felt like we needed to go see him, and so we went and talked to him and it was the most spiritual lesson of my life. WOW! It was awesome!

Then Sunday was brutal.  We walked sooo much.  We walked all day from 7 am til 10 pm.  I was dead.  We had 13 people that said they would come to church, and as we went to go pick them up, (since we have to babysit every single one of them besides Frederick) they all said they didn't want to go and came up with the dumbest excuses.  I don't have a lot of time to describe the excuses, but they were horrible.   We got 3 people to church, and I can't describe how hard we had to work for those 3 people... But Frederick is such a stud.  He told us this week that he is 100% sure that he wants to be baptized.  He just wants to wait for his family from Bountiful to come to see it, so in the next month.  He really had a desire to know, and what do you know, he's getting baptized.  I don't understand why people have to be so ignorant about such a good word, like we'e handing them blessings and they don't want to receive them.  I don't understand it.. but oh well, just keep working hard to find people that are ready.

I need to go.  Hope you're all doing well.  Have fun in California eating a nice Thanksgiving dinner.  I'll be eating a chicken foot probably:)... Well, I'm anxious to hear where I am going next, and Gregorio keeps telling me that I'm going to be a district leader in the next 2 or so changes so we will see.  I want to be a leader in the mission.  I'm working hard.  In the picture is Elder Regalizo and Gregorio at dinner every Sunday night.


Love you all,

Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment