Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Twenty-first Week - December 15, 2014


Another Week Gone . . .



Well... This week I spent more time on the seat than I did in the street...  I ate something that is killing me.  This week I don't have much to say, but it was a pretty good week other than having food poisoning or whatever I have.  

But I found a lady my second day here that was taught by the past missionaries and she went to church the week before I got here, so I have been working hard with her to get her baptized.  She doesn't have a job, family close by, money or anything.  She can't pay for her rent and was going to get kicked out of her house cause she couldn't pay for it.  So I promised her, if she would follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized, she would find a job.  She accepted. 

On Saturday, she was baptized.  (I baptized her because our branch is tiny and not a lot of people have the priesthood).  Then on Sunday after she was confirmed, a lady in the branch came up to her and told her she found a job for her.  Her jaw dropped.   She didn't know what to say.  She was so amazed of the miracle.  She started her job today. 

 23 For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith.


She has absolutely nothing, and she's the humblest person I have ever met.  It truly was a miracle to have her baptized.  Kinda hard to put it into words.  And for the baptism, we had to go to a chapel in Managua like an hour away because our church building doesn't have a font.

 (On the van to Managua, we stood like that for about an hour.  It was terrible!)

Then on Thursday, we had interviews with the President, than Hermana Russell (Mission President's wife) checked out our room to see if it was clean enough for a brownie, and obviously it was clean cause you know me, all my stuff was perfect. The brownies reminded me of Mom's, they were amazing!  

On Saturday night after the baptism, Elder Page and I celebrated with a big dinner box from Pizza Hut!  So nice to eat something different than rice and beans....

 Elder Copeland and Elder Page

Other than our baptism this week, my highlight was on Saturday night.  We were in a house of a less active, his son has a date to be baptized soon.  The kid was just flipping through the channels on the tv and passed something that I recognized.  He stopped and it was a classic film "DUMB AND DUMBER."  It was right on the part when Harry was "Just shaving." Absolutley hilarious even though it was in Spanish.  So that was nice to watch it for about 30 seconds.

All in all good week.  Crazy that Christmas is next week!!  Hope you're all doing well.
Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment