Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Twenty-second Week - December 22, 2014

Well, here I am 5 months out! 

Here, it's not beginning to look like Christmas, not at all.  The whole mission doesn't have p-day today, but we get to write, so I'll make it short.  Not much happened this week, other than we went to a new part of the area where we have never been on Friday.  It's all in the forest.  It's amazing!  There are fields of pineapple plants.  It's so beautiful.  Monkeys (we didn't see one just heard them).  I will be sure to take my camera next time I go there so you can see what it is like.  There's no other missions like this one.  I get to see everything minus the stuff you guys see. 

I can't even remember what we did this week. We painted some house, worked really hard and went to Managua a few times.
(While painting the house, the lady gave us this coconut.)

I can't believe that it is already Christmas, time flies.  I learn new things everyday and grow appreciation for little things each day.  A few things that happened this week were, we had a giant Tarantula, 5 Scorpions, and mice daily in our amazing room... I am living in a zoo minus the cages haha... But in the service of the Lord, it's not where you serve, but how. 

(I didn't dare get closer, but he was huge!)
I saw a quote this week: "This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use it as I will . I can waste it or use it for good, but what I do today is important, because I am exchanging a day of my life for it!  When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving in its place something that I have traded for it.  I want it to be gain, and not loss; good, and not evil; success, and not failure, in order that I shall not regret the price that I have paid for it."  We need to take life one day at a time.  And also for anything worth having one must pay the price; and the price is always work, patience, love, self sacrifice.  No paper currency, no promises to pay, but the goal of real service.  I am still the same Connor Copeland, but I have a new and better light to me. 

That's all I got this week, love you all and Feliz Navidad.  Looking forward to talking to you guys on Christmas.  Enjoy it and all the food and family and stuff..

Much love, nos vemos
Elder Copeland


No comments:

Post a Comment