Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Forty-third Week - May 18, 2015


Crazy week! 

Finally got another baptism.  Haidy, her uncle just got back from his mission this past week and she wanted him to baptize her, so that was cool.  


Also, I'm now the District Leader here in Rivas, Nicaragua.  There are 8 missionaries in my district, 4 Elders and 4 Sisters.  This past week was crazy trying to get all the interviews and baptisms done and all the other stuff that comes with it.  So I have been working super hard running around everywhere this past week.  Also, I am training Elder Varela from Honduras, so I have a lot of work to do haha.  I've got a lot of responsibility and got to do all things right. 

I am learning to love obedience now, and the blessings are just pouring down on me.  I love this work.  It's not easy para nada, but is something that every young man needs to do.  The church is true and the Book of Mormon CHANGES LIVES.


Elder Merrill is now the Zone Leader in Jinotepe (my zone), so I still talk to him everyday. Right now I am in Jinotepe because tomorrow we have a meeting for all the new missionaries in Managua.

So big changes this past week, District Leader, Training, and Merrill left me.  So a lot has changed, but I won't let the Lord down.  I am working my tail off!  Please pray for the people in my area and district that their hearts will be softend and we will be guided to find them and they will listen and accept the message we have.


Also, to end.  I got bit by a dog this past week, left thigh.  I am a wounded warrior:)


Have a good week and finish off the school year strong!

Elder Copeland

Elder L. Tom Perry said in General Conference last year:  Strong, proactive obedience is anything but weak or passive.  It is the means by which we declare our faith in God and qualify ourselves to receive the powers of heaven.  Obedience is a choice.  It is a choice between our own limited knowledge and power and God’s unlimited wisdom and omnipotence. 


No comments:

Post a Comment