Monday, April 11, 2016

Ninetieth Week - April 11, 2016


What's up, guys?

I hope you had a good spring break en la República Dominicana.  Just make sure to plan something fun next year cause i will be able to come:)  I saw a bunch of pictures.  I can't believe how much everyone has changed!  I won't even recognize some people.  I'm still me... skinny, very good looking and weird.  I think the only thing that has changed is that I'm balding a little bit... I need some Rogaine or whatever that stuff is called haahah... I can't go bald, I'd be sooo ugly!  We are down to double digits, 9 weeks left... super loco!!!  But I honestly don't like writing letters anymore.  This cyber place is literally an oven.  So I'm just going to give you guys a quick recap of the week.  

This week was one of the most stressful weeks out there haha.  A bunch of problems with baptisms in the zone.  But I had a baptism, that was a miracle.

Tuesday afternoon we passed by for Rosa.  We got there, the first thing that she told us is that the guy left and that she was going to get baptized!  I was so surprised, it was a miracle.  Later that night, we were just contacting and we came accross a young mom her name is Francela.  We taught her the Restoration, it was a really good lesson.  She said that she wanted to go to church and would get baptized if God answered her prayers and made her feel like it was correct.  So we put another cita for Thursday... So we passed by again on Thursday, she came up to us and said, "My husband said that I can't listen to you guys.  He said that I can go to any other church besides yours."  I was devastated.. We left and came back like 30 minutes later to talk to her husband to see what his problem with us was.  He didnt even want to talk to us, wouldnt answer questions.  He just ignored us and went inside.  Too sad... that lady was one of the most positive people that I have found in a while. But here, it's rare to find good men.  It's rare to find families that are all willing to listen to our message.  But I just keep working, knowing that the Lord will put that person there for me. 
 
Friday afternoon Rosa got baptized.  She wanted me to baptize her, so I gladly did it.  She was super happy! 


I was out til 10:30pm that night with Elder Weyand (DL) looking for his possibility cause there were big problems.  She was supposed to get married and baptized the next day.  But one of the families went insane.  We never found her til Saturday morning. She didnt get baptized.  

Saturday morning I went and surprised worked with some Elders in the Zone til 2pm.  That day I didn't find Rosa and her phone was turned off.  Supposedly she went to Managua to see her grandpa or something. I was super nervous that she wasn't going to be home in time to get confirmed.  I called her Sunday morning at 5:30am, no answer.  We got up and went to her house, thank goodness that she got home in the morning super early.  She got confirmed.

Last night something crazy happened.  I got some random reference a couple of days ago. So being Sunday afternoon, I decided to go visit them.  After like two hours looking for the house, we found it.  It was a 16 year old kid named Marcos.  So we start getting to know him.  He said like 18 months ago he moved from Granada to Sandino . Turns out we were basically neighbors in Granada.  So I asked him if he know Frederick Aguilar.  He said, "Frederick's little sister is my girlfriend."   Super crazy.  Eighteen months ago I baptized Frederick and like a year later he baptized his family (mom, dad and sister) and out of no where I found this kid from some random reference... and he just happens to be the boyfriend of one of my converts.  The kid is super cool, just has it in his mind that he is going to die a Catholic.  The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment