Monday, March 2, 2015
Thirty-second Week - March 2, 2015
Well, I definitely didn't know what I signed up for... This is hard!
This week kinda sucked. We had 8 people that were sooooo close to being baptized, but this week Satan got to them... So they all fell this past week and won't get baptized. It was tough, I love them so much. Many are called but few are chosen. I guess I just need to realize that everyone isn't ready to have the gospel in their lives yet.. That's why you need to work so hard and talk to literally every person you see to find the person/family of gold.
This past week we talked to so many people and had so many lessons, but none of them seemed to be ready, so we are kinda struggling with investigators right now, but working hard to find some new people! People have no idea what a mission really is until you go on one. Whew! I don't have much to say this week, but so sad to hear what's going on at Lone Peak... It's too bad, but we need to always be an example and nice to people because we never know what they are going through in their own lives.
This week I printed off an article about the Book of Mormon, one word, Incredible. Bottom line, if the Book of Mormon is true, everything else just falls into place. Joseph Smith really saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith really was called to be the prophet in the Restoration of all things, Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon from "plates" that everyone knew he had something special, and so on. Most people that talk bad about the Book of Mormon have never even read the book. They just hear something from a person and just assume that its correct. It's absurd. If the Book of Mormon is true, La Iglesia De Jesucristo De Los Santos De Los Últimos Dias es la Iglesia verdadera sobre la faz de la tierra. Then it goes on and says just read the book then ask yourself these questions...
(To request a free copy of the Book of Mormon, click on the link above.)
- Could an uneducated boy come up with 531 pages of ancient scripture on his own that was historically accurate and prophetic in nature?
- How could Joseph Smith come up with roughly 200 names in The Book of Mormon and the story that goes along with it?
- If you think Joseph Smith couldn't have written this book, then were did it come from? If one says the devil put him up to it... them why would Satan want to publish another testament of Jesus Christ and a book that does nothing but promote righteousness. Jesus said that a house divided against itself would fall.
- Who were the "other sheep" that would hear Jesus' voice in John 10:16?
- If we have the stick of Judah (record of the Jews or the Bible), then where is the stick of Joseph that is referenced in Ezekiel 37:15-20? The Book of Mormon is the only explanation for this scripture. Lehi was a descendant of Joseph. Think Joseph Smith could have gotten that right by sheer chance?
- How could there be so many witnesses of the Book of Mormon and the plates and not one of them deny their testimony even when some of them became bitter toward Joseph Smith? With so many people involved... a hoax of this magnitude could never go uncovered.
- How could the Book of Mormon never contradict itself while being an extremely complex book? After all these years... someone would have found something... but no.
***And the most important question to ask yourself, How do I feel while I read the Book of Mormon??? 1Kings 19:12
Doctrine and Covenants 6:23 What greater witness can you have than from God?
If you've never read the book, read it! If you say no, why not?
Something that Elder Holland said that I put into my daily life as a missionary is, "I want it absolutely clear when I stand before the judgement bar of God that I declared to the world... that the Book of Mormon is true."
The Book of Mormon is true. The church is true. I hold in my hands the happiness of more people than I can now imagine.