Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Thirty-sixth Week - March 30, 2015

What's up, fam? 

There goes March... Only got a few more days being 19 years old... WEIRD!  Here in Nicaragua, April is the most brutal month, and I am literally dying of heat right now.  It's impossible to get adapted to this heat.  I also made it through another change... changes are on Wednesday, I find out tomorrow if I am leaving or staying.  I'm really anxious to know, I hope I go.  I am ready for a new start.

Well, this week was good.  We found 2 families this week, seem to be pretty positive, but we need to marry them.  Absolutely no one is married here and no one wants to, so it's tough to find families here and same with men cause all they do here is drink, smoke, go find girls, and you know the list goes on.

One of the families the lady's  name is Rosa.  She came to church 2 weeks ago just to see what Mormons are really like.  She loved it.  That day we visited her and she accepted a baptismal date along with her man and kid.  She is reading the Book of Mormon and knows that it is true and that Joseph Smith was the Prophet of the Restoration.  She's awesome and is progressing everyday.  The only problem is the man, he just doesn't care.

Sometimes I think my work is pointless and isn't effective at all cause we get rejected so much.  I have definitely noticed in my mission what many are called, but few are chosen really means.  And plus everyone will have 'their time' to accept it or no.  So far in my mission, I have 9 baptisms and not a single one of them was easy, not one bit.  I have worked my tail off for every single one of them!  It's sad to see so many people rejecting the Book of Mormon, just read it like honestly.  I love 2 Nephi 29. 

6: Thou fool, that shall say:  A Bible, we have got a Bible, and we need no more Bible.  Have ye obtained a Bible save it were by the Jews?

7: Know ye not that there are more nations than one?  Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?

8: Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word?  Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another?  Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also.

9: And I do this that I many prove unto many that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my words according to mine own pleasure.  And because that I have spoken one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my work is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever.

And also a few verses from 2 Nephi 28.

29: Wo be unto him that shall say; We have received the word of God, and we need no more of the word of God, for we have enough!

30: For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.

31: Cursed is he that putteth his trust in man, or maketh flesh his arm, or shall hearken unto the precepts of men, save their precepts shall be given by the power of the Holy Ghost.

How blessed are we?  Like honestly its incredible.  We have the truth, we have it, now we need to share it with everyone.  The right path is  never the easiest path; Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith, and many people from the Book of Mormon.  The church is true and I love it and I live it!

Oh yea, last night I had another huge tarantula chillin right by my bed

(Elder Copeland said, this big guy was "Just chillin right by my bed.  The sad thing is that I'm in his territory, he's not in mine."  But in the end, he still did away with the spider.)

Also, this picture is from a lady in the branch.  This dog is a BOY and his name is Angie haahah! love you mom<3




For family home evening tonight, I have something for you guys to do.  Watch "The Testaments," the movie about the people of the Book of Mormon.  (This video is now available on DVD.)

Mucho amor, el ünico

Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment